Thank you for visiting the website of the Ministry of Personnel Management.
As an agency fully in charge of the public human resources management (HRM) for the central government in the Republic of Korea, the Ministry of Personnel Management (MPM) is committed to developing the foundation of public HRM for the Republic of Korea with “Equal Opportunity, Fair Process, and Just Results” with four major HRM innovations: (1) the establishment of fairer and more transparent HRM systems and ethical guidelines for public servants to regain the people’s trust; (2) the cultivation of an innovative organizational culture that promotes vibrant working environments and respects citizens and diversity; (3) the development of an advanced administration that is ready for the future, based on human resources development (HRD) including the development of expertise and competencies of civil servants; and (4) the enhancement of overall performance and global competitiveness in the government service along with high public service motivation and better working conditions for public servants.
The Ministry of Personnel Management will continue to promote integrated HRM innovation in line with the overall government innovation framework for the realization of “the Nation of the People, Righteous Korea.” Furthermore, we will try to make an efficient and effective civil service trusted by the people and a government owned by the people through pursuing the people’s needs and expectations and humbly listening to the voices of the citizens as well as civil servants. If you have any questions and/or suggestions for the development of public HRM and HRD, please do not hesitate to contact us. Once again, we thank you for your interest, concern, and support.
Kim Pan Suk
Minister of Personnel Management.
- Name Kim Pan Suk
- 1990 Ph.D. in Public Administration, American University, USA
- 1984 Master of Public Administration (MPA), Florida International University, USA
- 1982 B.A. in Public Administration, Chung-Ang University, Korea
- 1974 Graduated from Dong-a High School
- 2017 ~ present Minister of Personnel Management
- 1998 ~ present Professor of Public Administration in the College of Government and Business at Yonsei University (on leave)
- 2014 ~ 2017 President of the Asian Association for Public Administration (AAPA)
- 2012 ~ 2014 Dean of the College of Government and Business & Dean of the Graduate School of Government and Business at Yonsei University
- 2010 ~ 2013 Vice Chair, UN Committee of Experts on Public Administration (UNCEPA)
- 2010 ~ 2013 President of the International Institutes of Administrative Sciences (IIAS)
- 2003 ~ 2004
Secretary to the President for Personnel Policy in the Office
of the President
- 1999 ~ 2000 President of the Korean Society for Public Personnel Administration (KoSPPA)
Award and Honor
- September 18, 2017 Received the Warner W. Stockberger Achievement Award from the International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR) during the 2017 IPMA-HR Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas, USA