- The Ministry of Personnel Management (MPM) is relocated to Sejong City
- The Ministry of Personnel Management (MPM) is created.
An independent Central Personnel Agency under the Office of Prime Minister
Responsible for overall public human resource management, civil service conduct and pension administration for the civil service.
- Office of Personnel is established under the newly created Ministry of Public Administration and Security
Civil Service Commission (CSC) is abolished.
- Public human resource management functions are completely integrated into the CSC.
Ethics, conduct and pension functions remain under the Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs (MOGAHA).
- CSC is inaugurated. Certain public personnel functions remain under the MOGAHA.
CSC is in charge of:
- Planning of civil service reform and personnel policies
- Deliberation on relevant legislations
- Recruitment and promotion of Grade 1-3 civil servants
- Audit on personnel practices
MOGAHA is in charge of:
- Legal affairs pertaining to personnel
- Personnel management including placement secondment, personnel exchange, appointment
- Civil service welfare, training and education, recruitment and conduct
- Appeals Commission
- Disciplinary Committee
- Personnel Bureau is established under the MOGAHA which is created by merging the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Government Administration.
- Personnel Bureau is established under the Ministry of Government Administration.
Personnel Commission and Appeals Commission are created.
- Personnel functions elevated to Administrative Office of the State Council
- Personnel functions moved to Administrative Bureau of the State Council
- The Higher Civil Service Examination Commission and the Ministry of Government Administration take charge of public personnel functions as the Republic of Korea Government is established.